Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowed In

Well, I wanted to post some Christmas updates, but we're snowed in in NJ! The Christmas Blizzard of 2010 trapped us at my future in-laws, who are probably up to here with family togetherness by now.

Hopefully by mid-afternoon the State of Emergency will be over and we can start inching our way up the parkway- speed limits are around 25 mph right now, and the BQE is closed along our route, so we'll have to improvise.

As antsy as i am to get home, I'm very lucky to have a warm place stocked with food and Christmas present books (more on that soon!) and the day off from work. Trying to keep positive for now- when we get home, we'll have to dig a parking spot out on our street- and Mike is on bedrest for a health issue, so the shoveling is all on me! Flexing my muscles as we speak...

Here's a picture I took of the beach in Long Branch yesterday when the snow was just starting. Happy shoveling to all my Northeastern friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment