Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Generally I like to stay in on New Year’s Eve. Well, I like to go out for a nice dinner, then come home to a bottle of champagne and watch Dick Clark and MTV, and toast when the ball drops. Last year I went out for the night for the first time in years because some friends were in town. But I think it is generally not a good idea, not just because it’s ‘amateur hour’, but because by 3:00 am I look like this:
NYE 2010


With Mike on bed rest it was better for us to stay in anyway, so I bought us a small feast- we had whole Dungeoness crabs (with Old Bay, of course!) for lunch, jumbo shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, then lobster tails and dry aged rib eye steaks. I had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, plus a mini bottle of Moet to pop at midnight after we kissed.

It looked something like this :)


All in all it was a nice night, and a nice, quiet weekend. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment